Friday, January 7, 2011

If You Want To Get A Head - Get A Hat

I've been searching for a hat stand for quite a while now. Not the easiest thing to find, and when I spotted this one at a local antiques shop I just had to have it.



I think that it's made out of aluminum....it has a real "industrial " feel with lovely red wooden discs for holding each hat.


I had a stash of hats hidden away for a long time. When we stopped driving from Montana to California to do vintage clothing shows, I just packed each hat in acid free paper and put them away for a rainy day. Today is the rainy day - the hats are now for sale at our mall space.









I really like this "Scarlett O'Hara" style.






This is a gorgeous shade of green velevet.....isn't the bow just fab.







I think that this grey number is from the 1940s, it's one of my favourites.






Here we have a wild purple felt hat, with a black net "fascinator" (union made) on the left and a lovely pinky, mohair wide brimmed style on the right.











I love this multi-colored feather hat.





You may have noticed that I threw a few cowboy hats into the mix - lots of these are worn in this neck of the woods.
So on that note - I tip my hats to you.





















No comments: